- An early morning run while the rest of the house slept (I love running this time a day, and it hardly ever works out. It was the perfect way to start Mother's Day.)
- Breakfast at my favorite breakfast place, Chase's Daily.
- Rob and the kids surprised me with a plum tree decorated with all the things they love about Mama.
- We planted an apple tree for Kale, and buried his placenta beneath it (yes its been in the freezer for 17 months).
- Handmade cards
- The tulips bloomed and the birches leafed out
- Our first harvest of the year--rhubarb
- A Mother's day email from my own mother--I'm still trying to put into words my response to such a lovely message.
- Lots of digging in the garden
- Soccer on the greening grass
Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
If you still haven't sent a card to your favorite mother, check out blunt cards. My personal favorite is "Cake Time". I typically try to keep it PG around here, so you'll have to check that one out yourself--its a hoot.