Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Walk in the Woods


Today I got to have a nice little walk in the woods with just Kale.  This almost never happens.  We walked the same path I walked nearly every week when Wylie and Juniper we little, but Kale hadn't done since our winter walk last winter.  It was fun to experience this walk with just him.  To peer into every hole and beneath every fallen tree in search of wolves, tiny baby bunnies, or ogres.  You never know when you might need a bicycle helmet.  His actually came in handy twice--in a shower of acorns that left me ducking and hiding my head, and 10 feet up in a small beach tree while I tried to hang on to both of us while snapping our photo.  Neither of us fell, but the helmet made us both feel a little better about the possibility.
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!