Saturday, January 5, 2013

Skiing

We made a trip to Play-it-Again Sports in Augusta the other day and finished outfitting the kids in X-country gear to actually fit them.  It was perhaps the most successful shopping trip I've ever made, returning with one pair of skis, two pairs of skates, two sets of poles, and a pair of boots in one stop, in under 30 minutes, and exactly $100.  Pretty dang good.  

This morning a friend and I skied for two hours in perfect snow, then another hour with Juniper and friends, and another hour in the afternoon with my three.  Kale skied on his own for about 15 feet, then was happy in the sled behind.  This was our first mostly whole family ski event (we're still working on Rob, but I can tell we're closer) and the best exercise I've been able to get with all my kids having fun beside me.  The dog too!  Yeah for skis!



2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun day. For some reason the pictures aren't showing up for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!