Thursday, February 28, 2013

Homescool Thursday: Blocks

There's been a lot going on here, most of it spread out in bits and pieces, strung along over several weeks.  Wylie's been working on an ongoing study of WWI, the big kids and I are working to wrap up a study on Leonardo da Vinci, we're doing some reading and science exploration about maple sugaring, and Juni and I are starting to talk about the planets and solar system...all of this is heavy on the process (which I totally expect and encourage in the younger years), though I'd love to see some kind of product as a way to wrap up our focused study.  We'll see how that goes.  

Maybe if I ask them to build what they've learned with blocks...

 
 
 
 

They never have trouble producing when Lego's or wooden blocks are at hand-- (still, even here its really about the process.)  Isn't it always all about the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!