Friday, November 23, 2012

No Thanks

I truly have so much to be thankful for, and I can list a whole mess of things that you'd expect, such as my family, and my health, and my family's health, and my dog, and our home, and the opportunity I have to stay home and learn with my kids each day.  And maybe some wouldn't expect, like 7 yr. olds learning to play piano, and volt-meters, and body crayons, and honey bees and I could go on and on (and do often).
But, in the spirit of keeping it real during these coming weeks of joy, and love, and celebration, and lets face it, more stress than necessary,  I'll instead share:

10 things I am not particularly thankful for (in no particular order):

* Changing bedding in the middle of the night because my preschooler has peed in his bed, again.
* Long hours alone (as the only adult) with small children
* Printer error B1200
* Realizing at 7 am that we're out of coffee
* Cheesy plastic toys
* Tangled yarn
* Head lice
* Dog vomit
* Dried food stuck to the floor
* Nightfall at 4:30 pm

The good news is I had to really think about these, and in listing them I realized how many more things I appreciate in my life, and how so many things can have a bright side.  Try it.  Then have more pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!