Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snowy Morning

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


This week we welcomed (by email) my newest niece into the world, and are now anxiously awaiting news from the NICU where she is receiving treatment.  She seems to be in good health aside from some troubling/confusing symptoms and so is fortunately able to be held and loved by her parents through all of this.  Even so I can't begin to imagine the stress on my brother and his wife as they negotiate through the already harrowing first days as parents.  I wish there was someway I could help, instead of sitting here a state away, feeling distracted, teary, and short with my children.  We're sending good, healing thoughts their way and hoping she'll be able to go home before too long.

With so much distress in the world this season the quiet and peace of snowfall was a welcome way to start our day--a bit of hush during this period of worry and waiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!